Girls take the field for Powderpuff

Powderpuff players have been practicing before and after school for weeks in order to prepare for the game.

Eilidh McGarva

Rahmin Jawaid, Staff Contributor

Junior and senior boys and girls will get the chance to reverse roles Thursday after school at the annual Powderpuff game as the girls play football and the boys perform cheer routines.

“I’m excited,” junior Powderpuff wide receiver Cali Edmunds said. “I get to play football and experience a new sport that I haven’t really gotten to play before.”

The senior boys had their routine choreographed by senior varsity cheer captain Brennan Gillilan.

“It’s actually a once in a lifetime opportunity,” senior Powderpuff player John Wynia said. “I have always dreamt of being a cheerleader. They didn’t let me on the squad, but now I’m finally able to fulfill my dream and become a cheerleader.”

For the senior girls, Powderpuff serves as one of the last events of their high school career and will be a way to team up with their fellow classmates to play football.

“It’s kind of bittersweet, it’s our last thing we’ll be doing as seniors,” senior Powderpuff receiver Stephanie Graham said. “I’m ready to take it on tonight. I have no doubt we will for sure win.”

Although Powderpuff will consist of the juniors going against seniors, the game is all about  friendly competition.

“Tonight should be really fun,” Edmunds said. “It’s all fun and games.”