Seniors’ picture featured at The Star

Standing next to an enlarged image of her picture at The Star, senior Cali Edmunds will have her work on permanent display at the new world headquarters of The Dallas Cowboys.

Carole Babineaux

One student on campus will be permanently featured at The Star after her work was submitted in a contest last year. Senior Cali Edmunds has been involved in photography at the school since her freshman year. While it was originally yearbook and photography teacher Carole Babineaux who entered the photo for the contest, Edmunds said she was thankful for the recognition she has received in having her photo displayed.

They get really intense whenever they’re playing their instrument and I wanted to capture that

— senior Cali Edmunds

“Miss [Babineaux] just sent in a bunch of pictures from our school and mine just happened to be picked,” Edmunds said. “I put a lot of hard work into yearbook and taking pictures and it was cool for that to pay off in getting one of my pictures displayed at The Star Center.”

Edmunds’ said she took her photo in the spur of a moment during the band’s halftime performance.

“The band was playing during halftime and I just wanted to get some really cool photos of kids up close with their instruments,” Edmunds said. “They get really intense whenever they’re playing their instrument and I wanted to capture that.”

Babineaux said that she thought Edmunds’ photo well encompasses a major part of high school football games and that since she began teaching Edmunds, she has seen her continue to grow as a photographer and is proud of her accomplishment.

“When we entered the contest last year, they were looking for those pictures that would show the essence of what our students were like and so I was really excited with the one they chose of her’s because the band is such a big part of our school,” Babineaux said. “It’s a near perfect photo, so i was excited for her to be able to show what a fine photographer she has become.”