One stop school shopping

Frisco ISD College Fair brings dozens of colleges to Heritage High

While many follow the college and marriage path after high school, Wingspans Guest Contributor Shruti Bhoyar shares her thoughts on this traditional route and why it should not be the norm.

Vivek Sundararaman

While many follow the college and marriage path after high school, Wingspan’s Guest Contributor Shruti Bhoyar shares her thoughts on this traditional route and why it should not be the norm.

Students are becoming increasingly concerned with the daunting task of college applications. Everywhere you look seniors are Filling out FAFSA applications,looking at colleges, and visiting campuses. To alleviate students stress, the district will hold its annual College Fair this year at Heritage high from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday for any students interested in continuing their education after graduation.  

“I think going to the College Fair will definitely be worth it because you get to meet all the reps,” senior Hannah Mckinzie said. “You get to see all of the different colleges out there and are able to get a feel of the school you want to go to. This gives me a better idea of where I want to go next year.”

Students from around the district will be allowed to attend and get hands on information about the college of their desire as well as the college application process.

It’s not really designed to assist students in deciding on a major, but rather college fit for the student based on the student’s degree interest and personality,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said.

The College Fair is not just for graduating seniors, as juniors will also get the chance to get more information on this topic.

Where would you rather get college information?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

“I believe the College Fair is a great opportunity to actually meet with representatives for these colleges and to acquire new information about what they offer,” junior Tobey Ogunlowo said. “It’s  one thing simply reading about the college online and how great the school is, however if you take action to see what they offer and who they look for then you will have the upper hand.”

With colleges such as UT Austin, A&M, Baylor and Rice attending,the College Fair will help students begin the college selection process.  

I think College Fair is a great opportunity for students to narrow down the list of colleges they are interested in attending,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said. “Students are able to talk with college representatives to get an idea about what majors that college excels in and what kind of atmosphere that college has.”