Dance students get a look at “Paris”

Members of National Honor Society for Dance Arts wait on the bus as they get ready to head  out Thursday morning to take in a performance of An American in Paris.

Hallie Winterbauer

Members of National Honor Society for Dance Arts wait on the bus as they get ready to head out Thursday morning to take in a performance of “An American in Paris”.

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

Members of National Honor Society for Dance Arts are going to spend part of Thursday taking in a performance of An American in Paris

“It’s a good opportunity for the dancers to see a company, based out of New York, perform live on stage,” dance teacher Nicole Nothe said. “So professional dancers, professional actors, lighting, costumes. I think it’s beneficial for the kids to actually see people from New York city come down and perform live.”

To be inducted into NHSDA, students need three years of a dance class and 30 points in order to get a cord and get inducted with Thursday’s performance helping students.

“It’s going to be an opportunity for them to get points in order to get inducted into National Honor Society for dance so we encourage our members to go take a master class or go to a musical,” Nothe said. “Experiencing dance or going to watch dance is going to build your portfolio as a dancer.”