7 advance to international HOSA conference

provided by Maribeth Thomas

Seven HOSA students advanced from the state competition to the international conference in Orlando. Those advancing are (from L to R): Abby Dasgupta, Aamerah Haque, Amy Abraham, Yash Harkara, Arun Krishnaraj, Taha Siddiki and Nikhil Sridharan.

Hallie Winterbauer, Staff Reporter

12 HOSA students competed in the state competition last weekend with one team earning second place and seven team members advancing to the HOSA International Leadership Conference in Orlando June 21-24.

“HOSA did great,” HOSA sponsor Maribeth Thomas said. “We had twelve kids qualify for state which is incredible and we had seven standouts that will be traveling to nationals in June to DisneyWorld.”

For the seven HOSA members that advanced, co-president Yash Harkara says the goal is to have a good time and not focus too much on the results.

“Honestly, making it this far was surprising,” Harkara said. “So, I’m just looking to have a good time and put forth my best effort. I’m not too focused on the end result as of right now, this is my first year doing this event- even though I’ve done HOSA in the past- it’s my first year doing this specific event, and so I am new to it. I mean it would be great to do well and go far, but I’m really just looking to enjoy myself and have a good time in Orlando and end senior year the right way.”

Officer senior Amy Abraham is also looking to do well in the Orlando meet and make connections with people across the world.

“[My event was the] Health Care Issues Exam,” Abraham said. “My goals are just to basically place in my event, and hopefully just to make it in my event and hopefully to meet as many people as I can from across the nations as well.”