• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Free babysitting courtesy of StuCo

Free babysitting courtesy of StuCo

The holiday season can be stressful, but Student Council is hosting a teachers night out where teachers can drop off their children for the night to give them a break. On Dec. 19 from 5-9 p.m. Student Council members will provide free childcare for the children.

Melody Tavallaee

Melody Tavallaee

Melody Tavallaee

Katharina Santos, Staff Reporter

With the hustle and bustle that comes with the holiday season, staff members have a chance to get some time for themselves with the second annual Teacher’s Night Out on Dec. 19 from 5-9 p.m. when Student Council members will provide free childcare.

“Teachers Night Out is an event that was started last year,” Student Council sponsor Julie Anderson said. “Teachers drop their kids off in order to spend some time with a loved one or get their holiday shopping done.”

The event has been fully planned to not only entertain children of all ages, but provide a worry free evening for the parents.

“The student council members have activities planned for them,” Anderson said. “Cookie decorating, a holiday movie, Christmas crafts, games and we make sure that they get fed a meal before leaving.”

For students, giving back to teachers is a way showing them appreciation for the work they do throughout the year.

“This event is great for showing them how much we appreciate them,” senior Moyo Shobowale said. “Honestly, it’s super simple for us to just help out and [let] parents have their time away from the kids.”

For Humanities teacher Sarah Wiseman, Teacher’s Night Out is an evening well appreciated and taken advantage of.

“I spend all day and all night with student and kids, so having time out without them for the evening to catch up on holiday shopping or just spend time with my husband is such a gift,” Wiseman said. “The kids also really loved it and when I came to pick them up last year they told me that they didn’t want to leave.”

Katharina Santos, Staff Reporter

Katharina Santos is a senior and staff reporter for Wingspan. She is a member of NHS and president of 3:16 Bible Study. You can often find her sipping...

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

Melody Tavallaee is a senior who joined Wingspan during her sophomore year. One of her greatest passions is iced coffee and you can almost always find...