Stop procrastinating, get things done

High school is full of procrastinators, but something needs to change. Wingspan’s Ashvita Girish shares the effects of procrastinating and why it should come to an end.

Ashvita Girish, Guest Contributor

You walk into the school on a Monday morning with the entire week ahead of you, and tell yourself that this is the week that I get all my work done. I’ll finish my homework the day it is given, study for tests and quizzes ahead of time… right?

To those who can actually execute this bizarre plan I bow down to you.

We get so caught up in our routine of school and extracurricular activities we tend to set homework aside, and by the time the weekend comes around you realize the you have a truckload of homework to do.

But procrastinating is not good for you, don’t do it. Try to get your stuff done as soon as possible because it will benefit you in the future. Getting homework done the day you get it will help in many ways.

First of all, it will allow you more time to do other stuff that doesn’t concern school, or just do something that will look good on your resume. Go volunteer go participate in local events because those volunteer hours will look pretty good on your college application

Beyond that, you have more time to study and master a topic that you are not sure on. This will not only improve your grades, but it will better your understanding on a topic, you won’t be lost in class and be able to understand what the teacher is actually saying.

In addition, taking care of your work as soon as possible gives you more time for yourself. Take a break, relax. Take time to watch a good movie or go out with your friends. High school can be very stressful and it is important to destress.

When you look back on your high school life you want to remember the good times you spent with your peers.

Education is extremely important, but school isn’t only about homework and grades, it’s also about having a good time and making memories.