Walking the stage into a new beginning

Graduation will take place at The Ford Center at The Star at 7:00pm. In addition, the ceremony will feature speeches from the valedictorian, salutatorian, and the student body president.

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

The class of 2019 will take the stage to mark the end of their high school career on Friday at 7:00 p.m. for graduation at the Ford Center at The Star.“Graduation includes speeches from students at the top of their classes and the calling of all names of the graduating students as they receive their diplomas on stage,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “Males are to wear white or light pastel shirt and tie, dark shoes and dark slacks. Females are to wear a dress or dressy slacks, dark dress shoes with low heels they will be walking on stairs. If students do not have a cap and gown, contact Jostens as soon as possible.”

In order to walk at graduation, students must arrive at the school with their cap and gown at 4:00 p.m. for mandatory transportation to The Star. In addition, all personal items should be left in their car or at home.

“I’m looking forward to seeing everyone all together one last time,” senior Madeline Kennedy said. “I’m super ready to graduate but I’m scared to full on “adult” and have to pay for adult things and for real life to start.”

With her senior year complete, Brooke Stephens has a few words for rising seniors.

“My advice to incoming seniors is to not take any moment for granted,” Stephens said. “Senior year is one of the best years of your life, and even though college seems like way more fun than high school, this is the last year you get to make so many memories with your friends, so enjoy every single second of it.”