Red Rhythm takes summer trip to Galveston

Red Rhythm performs at the annual Spring Show back in March. Later in June, the team will set out for their annual summer trip.

Kasey Harvey

Kasey Harvey

Kasey Harvey

Sydney Bishop, Guest Contributor

Plans for the 2019-20 Red Rhythm season are already underway as the team gets ready for summer camp and an overnight trip to Galveston June 21-23.

“During the trip, the team will focus on team building, beach activities, and visiting Pleasure Pier,” drill team director Nicole Nothe said. “It is highly recommended that each member attends in order to bond with the team.”

Spending June 17-21 learning the dances they will perform in the fall at football games, the weekend trip to the Gulf Coast is what Red Rhythm members are most excited about.

“This trip comes right after line camp,” junior social officer Fallon Buckner said. “Which is perfect because after a long week of working so hard on dance related matters, we get to kick it on the beach and just vibe together.”

After working all week on new routines, even the four drive from Frisco to Galveston is something to look forward to for some members.

“Galveston is great and all,” freshman Melia Terry said. “However, I’m used to road trips in a car or SUV. I’m so excited to ride in a Greyhound with all of my friends, jamming out to music and hanging out for 4 hours. It’ll be like football season bus rides, but way better.”