Round two of yearbook pictures for all clubs on campus

Greg+Chatmon%2C+a+photographer+for+Southern+Images%2C+took++pictures+of+clubs+and+organizations+all+day.+All+official+clubs+on+campus+had+their+picture+taken%2C+and+will+be+given+a+spot+in+the+Legacy+yearbook+for+the+2019-2020+school+year.+

Sarah Boutouis

Greg Chatmon, a photographer for Southern Images, took pictures of clubs and organizations all day. All official clubs on campus had their picture taken, and will be given a spot in the Legacy yearbook for the 2019-2020 school year.

Shreya Jagan, Staff Reporter

School picture day was in the fall, but Wednesday was a day for all clubs and organizations on campus to take group pictures for the 2019-2020 Legacy yearbook. 

“I like the idea of having club pictures,” sophomore Sonja Huntwork said. “Having a photo in the yearbook of all the people that are interested in something seems like a really appealing concept to me.

The yearbook staff is striving to make sure this year’s book is as inclusive as possible.

“Our main goal is to make sure that everyone shows up in the yearbook at least once and club pictures help us achieve this,” photo editor Taylor Bullitt said. “ We try to get in as many people as possible in the pictures.”

A fire drill Wednesday morning brought the picture taking to a halt for approximately 15 minutes, but new modifications were made this year in order to have the process run more cohesively than previous years. 

“We were hoping to make the yearbook picture process smoother and less disruptive,” Bullitt said. “It was difficult to make sure that we had full representation of clubs and creating a schedule to reflect this especially since we aren’t going to be announcing that schedule as it progresses. I do believe that since there will be no announcement, this year will be more organized and planned. It also leaves students accountable for attending their own club pictures.”