Simply Shreya: change the perspective

Morgan Kong

Wingspan’s Shreya Jagan shares her personal take on issues and experiences in her weekly column Simply Shreya.

Shreya Jagan, Staff Reporter

This time of quarantine being the longest amount of time I’ve ever stayed in my house without leaving, I’m surprised I’m still sane. If you don’t know me, I’m a very hyper person. I need to be doing something at all times, and I can’t even sit still for ten minutes. 

This situation that we’re put in is tragic and different to say the least. But, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.

I wish the circumstances were better but we as high schoolers always complain about not having enough time. We’ve finally been given that time. Ever since spring break, I’ve been indulging in more of my hobbies that I didn’t have a lot of time for before. My ukulele, singing, and even just hanging out with my family. 

During the chaos of high school, oftentimes we lost interest in the things we love doing. They disappear beneath the surface of textbooks and assignments. But, staying safe doesn’t mean staying silent. 

Now is our chance to dig up everything hiding under the school-related messes. And I know that some people tend to worry about things even if it’s not in their control. Keeping ourselves occupied doesn’t leave us with much time for worrying. 

We’ve all been complaining that this is one of the most boring things we’ve ever had to experience, but when we change our perspective, we change our mindset. And I think what a lot of us need right now is a change in mindset.