District outlines remote learning plan for TEA

Noah Servigon

For the third straight year in a row, the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees has lowered the district tax. This rate is the lowest Frisco ISD has seen in more than 20 years. 

Advik Dixit, WTV Staff Reporter

Ranging from the district’s response to covid-19 cases on school campuses to future school construction, Monday’s Frisco ISD Board of Trustees meeting covered dozens of topics.

Among the items discussed was the district’s protocols for responding to COVID-19 cases on campuses and how those are investigated and who needs to be notified when there is a confirmed positive case.

According to the district’s active cases tracker, there are currently 50 cases throughout the district’s 70+ schools and administrative offices.

Included in the discussion on COVID-19 was the district’s plan to the Texas Education Agency regarding remote learning.  

“Those plans are to allow for autonomy for our teachers in the delivery of instruction,” Frisco ISD Chief Academic Officer Dr. Wes Cunningham said at the meeting. “We were very specific about not holding to a ton of details about how many moments in a class period a teacher had to be online synchronously providing instruction. We wanted that to be a natural balance between what the students needed that particular day and time.”