Best Buddies hosts movie night at Dr. Pepper Ballpark stadium

Best Buddies is hosting a movie night tomorrow at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark stadium at 6 pm where the movie Normie will be screening for free. Members of the club will be able to attend with their families and friends. Those that wish to attend can register here. 

Shreya Jagan, Managing Editor

Best Buddies is hosting a movie night tomorrow at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark stadium at 6 pm where the movie Normie will be screening for free. Members of the club will be able to attend with their families and friends. Those that wish to attend can register here

“This event is being hosted by Best Buddies for all Dallas members”, chapter social advisor Marcela Pedron said. “It’s going to give us a chance to meet others across Best Buddies in the Dallas metroplex. I’m most excited to meet new people and experience watching a movie with so many others there.”

The documentary features a young girl who embarks on a journey of introspection to figure out what it truly means to be normal. Star of the movie, Annemarie Carrigan will be present at tomorrow’s screening. 

With the large number of people expected to attend, Best Buddies has made sure to be mindful of various safety protocols. Attendees will need to wear masks and undergo temperature checks as mentioned in the Best Buddies official website page dedicated to tomorrow’s screening. 

Junior Tushamma Rahim believes that this event will be a change of pace for her and many others.

“When you aren’t in-person for school, you don’t get the chance to meet people that often,” Rahim said. “You’re either put in breakout rooms where people don’t generally talk or you’re listening to the lesson for the entirety of class. And as a new student to Frisco, I think it’ll be really great to get the chance to hang out with other people who share the same interests as I do while learning something meaningful at the same time.”