Best Buddies holds first meeting of the year

After+a+year+of+virtual+meetings%2C+Best+Buddies+is+hosting+its+first+meeting+of+the+year+tomorrow+in+the+lecture+hall.+

Aaron Boehmer

After a year of virtual meetings, Best Buddies is hosting its first meeting of the year tomorrow in the lecture hall.

Shreya Jagan, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

As the school year propels forward, Best Buddies is hosting their first meeting for the 2021-2022 school year Wednesday. Three different meeting times will be offered so students can either attend the morning, advisory, or after school meeting in the lecture hall.  

“I couldn’t be more excited,” chapter president and junior Caroline Grace Caruso said. “All of our officers have been working all summer to prepare for everyone coming back this school year, since a lot of our virtual members from last year are returning.”

For senior Tushamma Rahim, Wednesday’s meeting is a sign of normalcy. 

“I was a Virtual Academy student all of last year,” Rahim said. “Any meetings that we had were all held online and I didn’t feel like I was able to interact with this club as much as I would’ve liked to. But, having our first meeting in-person again feels like we’re getting back into the routine that we were used to before the pandemic and I’m excited to see what comes next.”

With all high school students back on campus, the club looks forward to having all their members back again. 

“We expect a big turnout at the meeting and I have a feeling this will be our biggest group of members yet,” Caruso said. “We also have a ton of buddies who are signed up already.”