Proposed attendance zone adjustments announced

Lucas Barr

Every month the FISD Board of Trustees meets to discuss school board matters. At the December meeting, on the agenda is a review of the Academic Course Guide, which may indicate a refresh as to what courses students will be able to take in upcoming years.

Athena Tseng, Managing Editor

Frisco ISD presented rezoning plans on Tuesday for elementary, middle, and high schoolers in Northwest Frisco to accommodate for the opening of Panther Creek High School and Minett Elementary School in 2022.

The adjustments to attendance zone boundaries are for the purpose of the efficient use of classrooms, prevention of overcrowding, equal student opportunities, and to plan ahead for future population growth according to the district website. 

The elementary schools affected by the opening of the new elementary school are Boals, Corbell, Miller, Newman, Philips, Purefoy, and Robertson. Although there’s no new middle school opening, Cobb and Pioneer Heritage zonings are going to be impacted. 

Frisco, Lone Star, Reedy, Memorial, and Wakeland High School will be impacted by the opening of Panther Creek High School for the 2022-2023 academic year. 

On Oct 25, the Board of Trustees is holding a special board meeting for public feedback on the rezoning proposal. For more information, check out the rezoning presentation and slideshow on the Frisco ISD website.