District hosts meeting about Dual Credit classes

Nick Young

Frisco ISD has a long-lasting partnership with colleges in the area to provide students the ability to fulfill high school credits while also earning college credits.

Shreya Jagan, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

With the course registration deadline approaching on January 17th, Frisco ISD is holding a Dual Credit Information Night via Zoom Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. in order to provide families with the opportunity to learn more about what dual credit courses have to offer. 

Dual credit courses are taught by university professors and appear on both a high school and college transcript. The FISD Dual Credit team will delve into the credit options available at the information night.                      

For junior Ramyaa Kota, the advanced format of the classes offered piqued her interest.

“It’s like having a college experience in high school,” Kota said. “Being taught by college professors is a step up from being in an AP class in my opinion. I get to learn more using college methods that I might use later on in life as well. Right now, I feel that the process for applying for a dual credit class is a little tedious so I’m hoping that the dual credit information night helps me clear any confusion.”

With the multiple pathways that dual credit classes offer, senior Tushamma Rahim believes that attending the dual credit information night provided vital information that influenced her decision. 

“Ultimately, I decided against taking a dual credit class,” Rahim said. “I was very seriously considering it for a while until I attended the information night and decided that it just wasn’t for me. But it’s different for everybody. I recommend anybody considering it to go to the meeting just so that they can have all the necessary information they need to make a decision that’s right for them.”