Halfway through season, football still searching for a win

Jhelmick photography

The Redhawk football team headed to Toyota Stadium on Friday, where they faced the Reedy Lions. Despite the 59-7 loss, the team still has a positive outlook heading into the second half of the season.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

Taking on Reedy Friday in District 6-5A Division I play, the Redhawk football team fell to 0-5 on the year with a 59-7 loss to the Lions. 

“Reedy is a really good team and to beat them, we needed to play really well,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “We just didn’t do enough good things to warrant the victory. After watching the film, it was obvious that we had people in the right spots to make plays defensively, we just didn’t take advantage of those opportunities and the same thing offensively.”

With five games left in the season, sophomore Orin Gee is keeping a positive outlook on the season. 

“I wasn’t mad at the team, we made big plays just like the other team, they just made more big plays than us,” Gee said. 

Working to correct their mistakes, the Redhawks take on Lone Star Thursday at the Ford Center. 

“It is a short week and Lone Star is another good team,” Swinnea said. “We just have to shore up our responsibilities, play with confidence, trust each other to do our jobs, and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves, play by play.”