Volleyball takes on Wakeland in third round of playoffs

Natalie Catherine Photography

The Redhawks enter the third round of playoffs on Tuesday, facing the Wakeland Wolverines. The Redhawks are gearing up for a tough game, but the team is confident in their abilities.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Volleyball continues their playoff run as they face the Wakeland Wolverines Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the third round of playoffs at McKinney Boyd High School.

“We have been preparing by watching film and creating a defensive game plan,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “It will be really important for us to remain calm and focus on each point separately. We also have a couple of adjustments we are making, so we need to make sure we are executing those each point.”

The Redhawks are preparing for a tough game against the Wolverines, with Wakeland 31-4 on the season. 

I didn’t think we would make it this far and the fact that we made it this far in playoffs is really good for us,” senior Alyssa Mangess said. “We have a huge game tonight. We’ve been practicing really hard and we have a great game plan and I hope we can execute and win and make it.”

tHE