Swimmers qualify for the TISCA invitational

The swim team dove into their invitational against Panther Creek on Thursday, and some swimmers qualified for the TISCA invitational. “I’m so proud of myself and how far I’ve come,” senior Maria Oushalkas said.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

In their last chance for some swimmers to qualify for the TISCA invitational, the Redhawks swim team came back with multiple medals in their invitational against Panther Creek on Thursday.

“We had two boys qualify in individual events for the TISCA meet in December,” head swim coach Zacharia Gnoza said. “Nine girls will be swimming and four boys. This is the most we have had qualify in four years.”

Being a second off from qualifying, sophomore Armaan Nayar is frustrated.

“I just, I don’t know I tried, but I couldn’t,” Nayar said. “It’s frustrating knowing I was so close. I had a meet my back was right before, so I was tired.”

Qualifying, senior Maria Oushalkas is excited to compete.

“I’m so proud of myself and how far I’ve come,” she said. “Hard work pays off.”

With this stressful meet over, the team is now in their final stretch till the end of the season. 

“The team just needs to stay focused as we approach the end of the season,”  Gnoza said. “To remember to keep a positive attitude and keep the team spirit high.”