Board of Trustees holds monthly meeting Monday

Trisha Dasgupta

Frisco ISD has opened applications for the district committees. The applications consist of roles for the District Advisory Council, Legislative Leadership Council, Library Reconsideration Committee, Safety and Security Committee, School Health Advisory Committee, Special Education Parent Committee, and Student Advisory Committee.

Varun Saravanan, Executive Producer

The Frisco ISD Board of Trustees holds a monthly meeting to discuss the business of the district and November’s meeting is Monday at 6:30 p.m.

One of the many items on the agenda is finalizing attendance zones for the 2023-2024 school year as a new middle school and intermediate school will open.

Also on the agenda, the Board of Trustees may move to adopt a policy on bathroom use for transgender students, as well as consider changes to the board policy regarding library book reviews.

The trustees also plan to recognize students’ achievements. The 119 National Merit Semifinalists from across the district are invited to the meeting, 24 of whom are Redhawks.

Along with a new record for semifinalists, the district will discuss the expansion of the CTE Center. Construction has already begun, and the trustees are reviewing the addition of new courses.

The board’s proposed policies and a recording of the meeting are available at friscoisd.org.