Tip-off at The Nest for girls’ basketball

Shreyas Viswanathan

The girls’ basketball team plays in their second playoff game on Thursday against RL Turner High School. They look to become Area Champions and move further into playoffs.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

Taking on Plano West Wednesday at 6:15 p.m., the girls’ basketball team hopes to continue their two game winning streak at The Nest.

“Expect us to be incrementally better,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “We have big holes, we’ve got a long way to go. And so I expect to see them coming in and improving.”

The team is looking to improve by setting goals, according to senior Jezelle Moreno.

“We all look to complete our defensive assignments and win every possession,” Moreno said. “Getting out in transition and pushing the ball is a goal of ours.”

With an enrollment of more than 5,000 students, 6A Plano West is more than twice as big as Liberty, but Moreno says the girls are still confident in their abilities.

“Plano West has a good reputation, and has had multiple D1 athletes come from the school,” Moreno said. “But coming off two wins from Thanksgiving break were coming in confidently.”