Boys’ basketball travels south for Mansfield Classic

Harley Classe

Boys’ basketball looks for another win travel as they travel to Mansfield High School to participate in the Spring Creek Boys Basketball Classic. With a win against Jesuit on Tuesday, the team is feeling prepared for Thursday.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Boys’ basketball is jumping right back into the action on Thursday as the Redhawks travel to Mansfield High School to participate in the Spring Creek Boys Basketball Classic in Mansfield.

“We tried a different game plan Tuesday since it’s pre-district right now, but it didn’t work out too well, so we are trying to work something better and practice it at the tournament,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “There will be a lot of great competition and experience for us to gain, so we’re focusing on strengthening our identity when we play.”

These tournaments are important as the team moves closer to districts, as they want to iron out mistakes and synergize better.

“We just gotta continue controlling the tempo of each game and make the smart decisions,” senior Booda Daniels said. “Some of our past games have been decided on good shots in crucial moments, so we’re trying to work on winning by coordinated team play.”