Boys’ basketball soars against Jesuit

Pictured%3A+Boys%E2%80%99+basketball+faced+the+Jesuit+Rangers+earlier+this+season.+Flash+forwarding+to+the+opening+game+in+the+district+10-5A%2C+the+Redhawks+were+able+to+secure+a+victory+against+the+Emerson+Mavericks%2C+winning+75-47.+

Samantha Natividad

Pictured: Boys’ basketball faced the Jesuit Rangers earlier this season. Flash forwarding to the opening game in the district 10-5A, the Redhawks were able to secure a victory against the Emerson Mavericks, winning 75-47.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Boys’ basketball went head to head in a shootout against the 6A Jesuit Rangers Tuesday at The Nest, with the Redhawks closing out the win 80-77 to improve their record to 6-1.

“I think we had a lot of great moments and some moments we need to improve upon, but we played well enough to win against a really good team,” head coach Stephen Friar. “Our strength was our efficiency on offense and our ability to share the ball, a lot of guys got involved and it was really good for us.”

Sophomore Jacobe Coleman believes this win at home was a good early showing of what the team has to offer.

“We played hard to come out with the win, took good shots throughout the game and everyone played their role, especially when it got to crunch time,” Coleman said. “It’s great to come out with a win against a team like Jesuit, but we’ll continue to keep working in the lab to polish the areas we need to get better at as we move closer to district play.”