Boys’ basketball hosts the Rangers at The Nest

Manal Nasir

The boys’ basketball team heads to Memorial High School on Tuesday to face the Warriors. They are coming off of a win against Frisco, and aim to secure another against Memorial.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Boys’ basketball continues its non-district schedule as they host the Jesuit Rangers Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. in The Nest. 

“Jesuit is a very disciplined team with a lot of skilled ball handlers and shooters, so the boys have to lock down their defense,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “They like to crash the boards, so if we can’t get our rebounding on both sides of the court figured out, we won’t succeed.”

The Redhawks want to continue building their discipline and coordinated team play heading into this matchup.

“We gotta play hard but also play smart going up against an opponent like Jesuit,” senior Jereme Richardson said. “The key for our shooters and guards is being patient and waiting for the smart and easy shots to come, which will definitely help us get that win.”

This will be the first home game of the season and Friar is looking to bring an exciting game for the home crowd.

“The boys are excited to play in front of their home crowd,” Friar said. “Hoping for a good turn out and that the boys can deliver for them.”