Boys’ basketball scores another win against Knights

Sadie Johnson

The boys’ basketball team had their annual senior night on Tuesday, and gained a win against the Independence Knights. Their record moves to 9-1 in District 10-5A with the win.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Boys’ basketball defended The Nest Tuesday night as they got the win against Independence High School, winning 56-48, moving their record to 9-1 in District 10-5A play.

“It was a great night, we got to honor the seniors and their investment, we got to play in our house and come out with the win against a tough team,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “We’re a team that tries to impose our will against our opponents and I feel that the boys did that well.”

With this win, the Redhawks are playoff bound yet are still focusing on the current work at hand, taking one game at a time.

“It’s great to reach playoffs, it’s always a goal for the team, but it’s something that’s more in the background because we gotta focus on every game we play if we want to reach that bigger goal,” senior Kaden Groom said. “We still got work to do, games to play, and close out the regular season before we set our minds to playoffs and trying to get to the next round.”