Girls’ basketball soars to first playoff game

Manal Nasir

The girls’ basketball team dribbles into their first playoff game against Frisco High School. They aim to secure the Bi-District championship and continue their playoff run.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The girls’ basketball team is set to play against the Frisco Raccoons in the Bi-District Championship playoff game on Monday at 6:45 p.m. at Emerson High School.

“It is no different preparing than the regular season, you start a few days ahead of time collecting film, doing your homework, and developing a game plan,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “We have just been going over the offensive and defensive game plans and practicing a few special situations.”

Senior Za’naiha Hensley is looking forward to her last playoff run.

“I am very excited about heading into the playoffs,” Hensley said. “This is my last go around in this program and with some of my closest friends so I can’t wait for us to make it far. I’m obviously expecting to come out with a win today as we have prepared tremendously. I’m looking forward to seeing us execute and perform.”

Going 11-1 in District 10-5A play, Reedy believes the team has what it takes to pull out a win on Monday.

“We are making sure that we play within ourselves,” Reedy said. “At this point you should know who you are. We are staying true to our identity and making sure that we have a great attitude. You do not get into the playoffs and win easily. Even when you are fortunate enough to have large margins of victory in the playoffs, it is due to the forensic scrutiny and the precise execution of your game plan.”