Boys’ basketball takes one last stop at Centennial before playoffs

Provided by Kaden Groom

The boys’ basketball team looks to gain their last district win when they face the Centennial Titans on Tuesday. The team is looking for a win to bring momentum heading into playoffs.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

It’s the end of the regular season Tuesday for the boys’ basketball team as they head to Centennial High School at 8 p.m., looking to add one final win to their District 10-5A championship tally. 

“We’re taking this game just like any other regular season game, our eyes may be on playoffs but we still need to make sure we finish strong,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “They’ll be bringing the same toughness they did in our first matchup against them, so we just have to play harder than them.”

Senior Ty Stubblefield believes that winning this game will boost the team’s vibes and morale even higher entering the playoffs.

“Even though we’ve accomplished the first step of getting into the playoffs and being crowned district champs, this game still has importance to our mentality, being on a high for playoffs,” Stubblefield said. “Obviously we can’t be too confident heading into the playoffs, but our coaches help keep us in check and level-headed, making sure to play each game with equal intensity and toughness.”