Boys’ basketball crowned district champions

Courtesy of @LibertyRedhawk

The boys’ basketball team scored another win on Friday against the Memorial Warriors. They scored 92 points in the game and earned the district championship.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

The boys’ basketball team sought revenge against the Memorial Warriors Friday night as the Warriors are the only team to beat the Redhawks in District 10-5A so far.  

Mission accomplished as the Redhawks got payback, beating the Warriors 92-84, and earning the district championship. 

“The boys played with heart and toughness all game, they wanted to win this game and they certainly earned it,” head coach Stephen Friar. “It feels great to be district champions, the work isn’t done though, we have one last regular season game, and then our focus is turned towards playoffs, but this was a nice achievement for all the hard work the team has put into this season.”

Sophomore Cobe Coleman delivered a star-studded performance, scoring 30 points while securing 9 rebounds and 6 assists helping the Redhawks come out on top.

“I just went out there and played the game I’ve always played, being confident in my abilities and working with my teammates to create the best opportunities for us,” Coleman said. “It was a great night for everybody, but we continue with the work and progress for our playoff run.”