Girls’ basketball earns title of Bi-District Champs

Courtesy of @LHSRedhawks

The girls’ basketball team won their first playoff game against the Frisco Raccons on Monday, and earned the title of Bi-District Champions. The team now moves to the second round of playoffs when they face RL Turner High School on Thursday.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The girls’ basketball team became Bi-District Champions on Monday winning 48-24 against the Frisco Raccoons.

“We played ok, we started off a little sluggish in the sense that we had a couple defensive busts early, but then we had a great end of the first quarter going into the second quarter,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “We really kind of established some more dominance and had some defensive stops and we really benefited from them. Then we carried that out even though we could have been better, we got into a rhythm in the second half as it was some more good play.” 

The team now moves to the second round of playoffs when they face RL Turner High School on Thursday at W. T. White High School.

“We are hoping that on Thursday we just execute well when needed,” Reedy said. “We got to be sure that we keep honing in and make sure that we are doing the little things right.”