Boys’ basketball battles Warriors one final time

Jose Alvarez

Continuing on in their playoff journey, boys’ basketball looks to secure their spot in the regional tournament Friday and Saturday. Taking on the Memorial Warriors for the third and final time, the team is looking for a win.

Vaughn Perez, Staff Reporter

A familiar foe awaits the boys’ basketball team at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the third round of the playoffs when the Redhawks face off against District 10-5A rival Memorial High School at Lewisville High School.

“We fought for another round on Friday, and we’ll continue to keep fighting tonight, we just need to go 1-0 at the end of it all,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “We’re as prepared as we can be, we’ve played Memorial twice and we know how they play, so we have to play our best and we’ll be fine.”

This will be the third matchup between the two schools with each taking a win for themselves, but this time around, qualifying for the regional tournament is on the line.

“They’re a tough team for sure, but we’re capable of handling them and coming out with the win, as long as we keep playing together and for each other,” freshman Gilbert Aluga said. “It’s all a mental battle against Memorial, if we can come out with the better mentality and get out before them, then everything else will come with it.”