Future students explore their options at Rising Redhawk Night

Varun Saravanan

Current eighth graders had the opportunity to come on campus for Rising Redhawk Night on Wednesday. They were able to learn about the options available to pursue as a student in high school.

Maya Silberman, Managing Editor

Future Redhawks had a chance to discover what makes them soar at Rising Redhawk night Wednesday from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Different clubs, classes, and subjects on campus had booths for students to visit.

“I am here because I wanted to see new classes that I want to join into next year,” eighth grader Carter Ruback said. “I loved it here tonight and I can’t wait to move on next year.”

Many rising Redhawks who attended had the opportunity to learn about the unique experiences high school has to offer.

“[Students here] know how to attract a lot of people, especially people who have no idea about these subjects, like me,” eighth grader Karthik Subramanian said. “I’ve definitely gotten to know and learn a lot about these subjects. Like I would have never known about HOSA, I wouldn’t know what it was about or the benefits of it.”

Future students had the opportunity to not only new discover new classes, but to also learn more about programs they are already familiar with.

“Tonight taught me what to expect for my future,” eighth grader Yash Dagli said. “Like what I need to do in order to get in high school and learn about my classes. I went to the tennis booth because I’m probably going to do tennis next year and honestly, I could learn what I needed, the criteria I needed and everything I needed to know for that.”

The night saw rising freshman, as well as students who still have some time before making decisions for their high school career.

“[The students] could tell me how the experience was for them, if its hard or easy,” sixth grader Sanjeev Subramanian said. “My favorite booths were the band booth and the soccer booth. I like band because I’m already doing it in sixth grade and I want to continue it. I really like soccer so I want to continue that on in high school.”