District holds human trafficking panel Wednesday

The+Board+of+Trustees+will+hold+their+monthly+meeting+Tuesday+at+6%3A30+p.m.+

Karina Grokhovskaya

The Board of Trustees will hold their monthly meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.

Reid Edwards, WTV Staff Reporter

According to the Department of State, every year thousands of minors across the country are victimized by human traffickers.

Frisco ISD is inviting parents and secondary students, along with a panel of experts to view a prevention film and answer any questions on human trafficking Wednesday at the district’s administration building. 

“I think that families should attend this event if they are interested in learning more about human trafficking and the dangers it presents to youth in the area,” counselor Kelli Chandler said. “This meeting will allow them to hear from the experts in the field so they can look for signs, for concerns to learn about, and how some of these predators contact our kids, how they even find them. So if families feel like that is information that they would like to learn about, this would be a great event to hear from the experts in the field.”

Attending the event will allow students and parents to gain practical resources on human trafficking.

“Well I think people should go to the event to be educated on human trafficking, the different aspects of it, what to look out for, and if they know anybody that may be a victim or could be a victim to gain that information for resources,” school resource officer Glen Hubbard said.

To register for the meeting, click here.