Carsyn Bianchin

provided by Carsyn Bianchin

Juniors Carsyn Bianchin and Malia Willingham are one of two pairs running for student council president and vice president. Voting closes Wednesday.

Maya Silberman, Managing Editor

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS AS STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT?

“Our main goals as President and Vice President would be being super inclusive with our school community as well as promoting a positive environment throughout different school events and throughout the year. I believe that everyone wants to be included in something, and having the opportunity to impact our school in a positive, friendly, and inclusive way will help promote our school spirit and overall bring each person in our school to become a whole.”

WHAT STEPS WILL YOU TAKE TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR COMMITMENTS?

“Some of the steps that I will take to follow through with this is reaching out to different school organizations that also deserve recognition for their accomplishments and to help promote them to the school to make their upcoming school events known. I think that this way, we could get many people from different clubs and organizations to feel well known and also included, a part of our school, and also that each of the different organizations are what make Liberty unique.”

HOW WOULD YOU HELP FOSTER SCHOOL SPIRIT?

I would encourage the school to attend different events and make people able to actually want to attend them. I think that making each of the events that we have leaves me and Malia the ability to allow and include everyone in this school even if they are not involved in sports or any clubs around the school. I believe that communication, announcements, and also switching up the ideas that we have to make more people want to attend is a great way to do that. 

HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR RUNNING MATE, AND WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST TEAM FOR THE ROLES OF PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT?

“I chose my running mate because Malia is a super dependable person who I can keep account for. Even though we have many of the same ideas and we work super well together, I believe she has super great leadership characteristics that I would want to work with throughout this school year. I also think that she works well with groups and has great communication skills and these are all different qualities that would make up a leader in our school. I think we would be the best team for President and Vice President of the student body because we demonstrate leadership skills that are strictly for improving the school and not just little ideas for the student council or for us. We want to make this school a better, more inclusive place to be at whether it is at a pep rally that a person were to attend or in the student section at a football game. I think me and Malia are able to present those skills to be able to fully run an organization and be a strong, positive leader for the schools.”

WHAT WOULD IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT?

“For me, to become student council president, it means I am able to lead the school in a positive, friendly way that wants and encourages people to join new clubs, sports, organizations, or being more involved in our events that we host. I feel like having the ability to become the president of the student body can help me have the ability to change the way things in our school are to make them more inclusive among everyone in the school and not just little sections of people. I think being able to have this opportunity is so amazing and I honestly couldn’t have done it without the support of each Redhawk.”