February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

CTE Center hosts Meet the Teacher Monday night

Brian Higgins
Parents are able to visit the CTE Center Monday from 5-7 p.m. for Meet the Teacher night.

Parents get to walk a night in their student’s shoes at the Meet the Teacher event at the CTE Center from 5-7 p.m. on Monday.

The event provides an opportunity for parents to tour the school while meeting their student’s teachers.

Government and Public Administration teacher Cory Cummings believes that taking CTE classes offers students immeasurable benefits.

“CTE courses not only give students an honest taste of what certain career paths might entail, many of the courses offer a strong hint to what college style classes might be like,” Cummings said. “Taking a CTE course, I believe, truly allows a student to consider if certain career paths are the right choice for them before they enter a college, university, or trade school and waste time, money, and effort towards something that is not suited for them.”

At the event, parents can receive important information about the courses as well as basic information about the campus, such as the bell schedule, transportation and disciplinary procedures.