• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/21 is varsity girls’ golfer, sophomore Olivia Murphy.
Featured Athlete: Olivia Murphy
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing golf? Murphy:...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 16 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Lebanon Trail
Apr 17 /6:30 / Softball
Liberty
did not qualify
Region II-5A Tournament
Apr 17 / Girls Golf
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 19 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Regional 2-5A Championships
Apr 19 / Track and Field
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
April 16 Daily Update
April 16 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 16, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including battle of the books, Red Rhythm Spring Show, and today's sports.

Students take a step into the real world when submitting W-2 forms

provided by Creative Commons
Redhawks who work outside of school have the chance to file W-2 forms. For many students, this is a first step into adulthood.

Filing taxes is an annual endeavor for almost anybody for a job. For those that get federal taxes deducted from their pay, there’s a possibility of a refund if you the taxes deducted are higher than the amount owed.

Frisco ISD parent Samir Bongale used their experience to help their student with their tax forms. 

“W2 is your earning statement for the entire year,” Bongale said. “As part of the onboarding employee process you get a bunch of forms and one of the forms you get is the W2. I didn’t really help my child fill out my form, I did it for her.”

Junior Cindy Trinh is just one of many students on campus that received a w-2 from their job.

“I work at T-Swirl, a Japanese Crepe shop and I did get a W-2 form from my manager,” Trinh said. “I am not required file it by federal law, and I’ve been procrastinating, but I did file it during Spring Break.” 

Students who have not filled this form out before may have their parents help them fill it out like junior Claire Graham. 

“This was my first job I was eligible for a tax return,” Graham said. “I have payed a lot of raxes this year and I got some money back. It was very daunting for me, filling out the tax returns, but I asked my mom for help filling it out.”