Library to be closed Tuesday for Election Day

School will be a polling place for 2016 presidential election

The schools library will be a place to vote on Tuesday meaning the library will be closed. Parking in front of the school will also be at a premium as the first two rows will be reserved for voters.

Parker Butler

The school’s library will be a place to vote on Tuesday meaning the library will be closed. Parking in front of the school will also be at a premium as the first two rows will be reserved for voters.

Millions of people will be voting on Tuesday, with local residents having no go no further than the school’s library as the campus will be a polling place for Election Day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The library will be closed all day and parking in front of the school could be at a premium.

“All of the patrons coming out to vote will parking in the front parking lot, and coming in through the front of the building and into the library,” Principal Scott Warstler said. “Which means, the staff parking lot- the first two rows,will be closed for voter parking.”

Parking arrangements will be changed for both students and staff on Tuesday due to voting.

“Staff members [that normally park in the front lot] will be parking out back, in the parking lot behind the wrestling room and dance studio. Currently, right now those are being used by some students, some faculty, but we will be closing that off on next Tuesday for staff only,” Warstler said. “The band parking lot is now open, and we have students parking in there, so there won’t be an issue for students to find a place to park- with that other one being closed. So the big thing for students to know is, really what changes for them- will just be with that back parking lot behind wrestling and the dance studio will be closed on Tuesday- staff only.”

This election is really important. And I think every vote counts.

— class of 2016 graduate Josh Gray

The campus has been a polling place before but an alternative location on campus was needed this year.

“We have typically done it in the auditorium, but there are a lot of different things going on down there as they are preparing for Shrek, and things like that,” Warstler said. “So, [school librarian ] Ms. Chetty was gracious and gave up the library for that day.”

One person who definitely will not be voting on Tuesday is class of 2016 graduate Josh Gray. Now attending the University of Arkansas, Gray made the more than 600 mile round-trip to Collin County to get his vote in on the last day of early voting on Friday.

“It’s my first year being allowed to vote, being eighteen. So, I felt like it was important- to my very first year being allowed to vote, for me to vote,” Gray said. “And this election is really important. And I think every vote counts.”