• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Featured Athlete: Mitchell Miller

Having+grown+up+playing+the+game%2C+senior+Mitchell+Miller+found+his+place+on+the+football+team+as+he+feels+the+sport+comes+naturally+to+him.+

Featured Athlete: Mitchell Miller

Having grown up playing the game, senior Mitchell Miller found his place on the football team as he feels the sport comes naturally to him.

provided by Mitchell Miller

provided by Mitchell Miller

provided by Mitchell Miller

Grade: 12 | Sport: Football

Wingspan: How long have you been playing football and what got you started?

Miller: “I started playing flag football in second grade, and my dad was a football player, I’ve always loved watching it and I always had a Nerf or foam or plastic football in my hand.”

Wingspan: What position do you play?

Miller: “Quarterback.”

Wingspan: When did you realize that football was the sport for you?

Miller: “Football has always kind of come naturally for me, just knowing how to play, how it works. My dad taught me how to catch and throw the ball, and after watching it so much I finally got to play it and it was just really fun.”

Wingspan: What is something that motivates you?

Miller: “My motivation is to play and win for God, my family, my teammates, and I want to play in college and hopefully beyond that so I always try to play my best so I have a shot in the future.”

Wingspan: Why was summer training important for this upcoming season?

Miller: “This summer was really important for this season because we did strength and conditioning and I did workouts in the weight room on my own throwing the football and practicing my footwork and stuff we don’t get a chance to work on in practice so I was able to get stronger and faster and improve my skills at quarterback.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about your sport?

Miller: “My favorite part about football is the competition. It’s extremely violent and we’re allowed to play really hard and show mental and physical toughness. And it’s really fun to play.”

Wingspan: What is something that you want to improve on?

Miller: “I want to improve on accuracy/placement and arm strength as well as pocket presence and being able to feel pressure and escape to make plays with my arm or with my feet.”

Wingspan: What are you expecting from this season?

Miller: “I’m really expecting to win these last 3 games. I’m focused on this week against Heritage right now, but I just want to win at this point. I want to go out and make plays with my team and win some of these last games because this year hasn’t gone the way we’ve wanted it to.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...