With success over the weekend, boys’ basketball prepares for Lions

Courtesy of @LibertyRedhawk

The boys’ basketball team went 4-1 in the Spring Creek Tournament over the weekend. They head to the court again on Tuesday, where they face the McKinney Lions.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Boys’ basketball saw success over the weekend going 4-1 in the Spring Creek Tournament. They aim to continue the success as they face the McKinney Lions at McKinney High School on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

“We played well against really good competition,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “We won the majority of our games so I’d say it was pretty successful.”

The focus on Wednesday is preparation for district games.

“We had a good weekend but we’re not trying to live in the past and we’re trying to focus on the future and just worry about ourselves,” Friar said. “Everything right now it’s about getting better for districts so we’re trying to do that.”

Facing 6A McKinney, senior Kaden Groom believes the team will have to bring their all.

“The team is expecting to get a win against a really good 6A school tonight,” Groom said. “With them coming off of a state championship runner up run we know that they are a good team and tonight is their first home game and the environment is going to be great so we know that if we come in and play basketball how we have been playing tonight will be a good game.”