Boys’ basketball tames the lions on the road

Harley Classe

In hopes of gaining another win, the boys basketball team battles Emerson in a District 10-5A game on Tuesday. They lead District 10-5A and have a record of 5-1.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Boys’ basketball faced off against McKinney High School on Tuesday, and in a close finish, the Redhawks took the win 61-59.

“We played great against a really good team, we were struggling with turnovers in the first half, but Cobe Coleman kept us in with an incredible first half,” assistant coach Ben Manning said. “It went wire to wire down to the end, the boys fought and they were able to adapt to handle a team like McKinney to come out with the win.”

The Redhawks’ key to success on Tuesday was by making the right adjustments on both sides of the court and playing better as a team.

“Heading into the second half we had to make defensive adjustments to make sure we stuck on our man and to stop overextending trying to help cover outside shooters,” senior Jake Harvey said. “We pulled together as a team with rebounding and passing for the clean and open shots, and we were able to come out with the win because of it.”