Girls’ basketball aiming to bounce back on Monday

Addy Schick

After a loss to the Memorial Warriors on Friday, the team is looking to bounce back against the Centennial Titans on Monday. They are looking for their first district win, and many players feel prepared.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

Taking a loss to their rivals, the Memorial Warriors on Friday in the start of District 9-5A play, the girls’ basketball team hopes to come out on top in their second district game of the season against Centennial

“We got lost every now and then with some assignments we knew we couldn’t forget about,” freshman Jacy Abii said. “The only way I’m feeling is that January 17th is about to be the date, that’s when we see them again.”

In order to beat the Titans, the Redhawks will need to change some things from Friday’s game, according to sophomore Kathryn Murphy.

“Last game we played against Memorial, and we did our 1-3-1, but it didn’t work out as we planned for it too,” Murphy said. “So this game, we are really trying to focus on getting to our spots that we need to get to, and learning new offenses.”