Boys’ basketball fires up for first playoff game

Pujan Shah

Boys basketball gears up to face the Lone Star Rangers in their Bi-District Championship playoff game Tuesday. “Lone Star is a very tough team and they play hard, and we have to expect that they’ll be even tougher since it’s playoffs and everyone is playing to survive,” head coach Stephen Friar said.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Editor

The boys’ basketball is facing off the Lone Star Rangers in their Bi-District Championship playoff game Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Lebanon Trail High School, with the Redhawks looking to come out with the win and move to the next round.

“The team’s mentality doesn’t change too much besides bringing up the intensity each game, we’ve just got to focus on how we play and to go 1-0 at the end of every game,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “Lone Star is a very tough team and they play hard, and we have to expect that they’ll be even tougher since it’s playoffs and everyone is playing to survive.”

Facing another Frisco ISD school brings a different intensity to a first round playoff game, but playing the Rangers on a neutral court will bring a different vibe according to senior Matthew Bishop. 

“Home crowd usually gives us a boost in confidence and energy, so it’ll definitely be tougher not having that energy around us, but in the end, it comes down to the game we play on the court,” senior Matthew Bishop said. “We have to be ready for the pressure that comes with playoffs, and be ready to deliver the best basketball our team can offer, every game from now.”