Girls’ basketball competes at regionals

Manal Nasir

The girls’ basketball team looks to gain another win on the road as they compete for the regional championship on Friday. Playing in the fourth round of playoffs, the team feels confident in their abilities.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The girls’ basketball team heads into the fourth round of playoffs against Mt. Pleasant High School on Friday at 6 p.m. at the Curtis Culwell Center to compete for the regional championship.

“The preparation is done, the hay is in the barn and we had a recovery day and focused a lot on film that day and our game play, and now we are just going to try to play as free and loose as possible,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “I expect the girls on the other team to have a lot of energy and to come out and put us in some bad situations, and when we handle that well we will have some opportunities.”

After a win on Monday, senior Jezelle Moreno feels confident in the team’s abilities to pull out a win on Friday.

“Monday’s game we played very well offensively and we are really looking to take that into the rest of our games in this run,” Moreno said. “The team on Friday is a solid team that likes playing with one another so they have good chemistry. Meaning they move the ball well and play as a whole, we are looking to personalize them and use our advantage inside against them.”