One last stop before playoffs for softball

Courtesy of @LHSRedhawkSB

Hosting the Trail Blazers at the Nest, the Redhawks softball team hopes to gain another win before playoffs. “We all understand that clinching a spot in playoffs doesn’t mean our district season is over,” sophomore Madison Terry said.

It’s official. 

For the first time in the history of the school, the softball team (6-5) is advancing to the playoffs.

But not so fast. Before soaring into that uncharted airspace, the Redhawks host the Lebanon Trail Trailblazers (5-6) at The Nest Tuesday night. This is nothing new for the team, who defeated the Trailblazers 10-5 earlier in the season, and they hope to get a similar result.

“I’m feeling pretty confident as a whole going into the game,” head coach Baylea Higgs said.“Our team has been hitting the ball well and finding ways to score. Defensively we need to stay sharp and continue to play solid defense behind our pitching. As long as we play together and do our best we should come out with a win and finish 3rd in district.”

Even with the odds slightly in their favor and playoff games in sight, sophomore Madison Terry knows the team can’t let their guard down.

“We all understand that clinching a spot in playoffs doesn’t mean our district season is over,” Terry said. “Going into the game we know that it’s not going to be handed to us, and we’re still ready to fight and get a W against a good Lebanon Trail team.”