• The 2024-25 school year begins Aug. 12
  • Wingspan is on summer break until August

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/9 is varsity football player, sophomore Connor Johnson.
Featured Athlete: Connor Johnson
Neta Even, Guest Contributor

Wingspan: What position do you play in football? Johnson:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

View All
May 17 Daily Update
May 17 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 17, 2024

WTV's Ryan Shapiro, Karina Grokhovskaya, and Sadie Johnson bring you a few last words

Frisco ISD ranked 7th best district in Texas

Michael Martin

According to the 2023 Niche rankings, Frisco ISD‘s reputation as a strong school district has been reflected in its ranking as the 7th best school district in Texas.

The district’s ranking is out of more than 1200 districts throughout the state, and Frisco ISD ranks fourth among the eight districts ranked in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

The district’s ranking reflects well on the school in the eyes of English teacher Shelby Neary.

“I think that Frisco ISD being ranked number 7 in Texas makes Liberty look good because it shines light on our school academics,” Neary said.

In Collin County, Frisco ISD ranks second among school districts. Liberty did well on its own and is ranked as the third-best public school in Collin County.

Overall, FISD received an A-plus for academics and an A-plus for college prep in the 2023 Niche rankings.