• Girls' basketball wins state semifinal, beating Richmond Randle 66-37 and advancing to 5A final against Mansfield Timberview Saturday at 3:00 p.m.

Students for Environmental Action Club uses plastic bags to create mats which are then sent to animal shelters. “Theyre mainly intended to be donated to shelters across Dallas because theyre versatile and extremely good at trapping heat in the cold months,” SEA Officer Srilasya Kamma said.
Students for Environmental Impact Club gives trash a new life
Oliver Hong and Sarayu Bongale

Used plastic is getting a new life through the Students...

The girls’ are one game away from their second consecutive state champion title as the girls’ basketball team beat Randle High School Thursday 66-37 in the UIL 5A Semifinal. Advancing to the 5A State Final on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. in San Antonio,
the girls will play Mansfield Timberview High School, a team that beat them 40-19 earlier this year.
One game away from a second state championship title
Addyson Schick, Sports Editor

The girls’ are now one game away from their second...

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Power outage strikes on campus Tuesday morning

Power outages are not uncommon during storms and other severe weather.

But on Tuesday morning at 9:03 a.m., there was not a gray cloud outside when part of the school went dark inside due to a sudden power outage on campus. 

Halls pitch black. Classrooms dark. 

For many students, the power outage gave students a quick break from class. 

I was in AP Art History when the power went out,” senior Saanvi Nair said. “I was kinda happy that the power went out, cause it was a tiring morning so we just sat there and talked for like 30 minutes.” 

Other classes on campus, such as that of freshman Sam Deshetler, were able to take the time in the dark to have some fun.

We were in the gym for basketball and we were just playing sharks and minnows in the dark,” freshman Sam Deshetler said. “It was actually really entertaining cause everyone was running into each other.” 

Lasting approximately 15 minutes, it was long enough for the school to adjust learning locations as needed.

“They moved us to a different classroom across the hall,” senior Ruhi Ali said. “It [has] windows so that’s what we used for lighting in there, but we still don’t have the projectors so she just went through the notes orally just to give a lecture and we kind of just have to figure out what to write on our notes.”