March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Dual Credit students get an early end to the semester

Nick Young
Collin College classes end Thursday, meaning students who take Dual Credit classes are no longer in session for the remainder of the academic semester. Students also have a chance to learn more about Dual Credit during advisory on Thursday.

This week is the end of the Collin College semester, but Thursday is also the start of process for registering for Dual Credit classes.

There will be an informational meeting hosted in the auditorium during advisory for students interested in taking Dual Credit courses next fall.

Dual Credit classes are taught by college professors and can give students both college and high school credit. And as a bonus, the Collin College semesters are shorter than Frisco ISD which means Dual Credit students are done for the semester this week.

Junior Aparajitha Srinivasan feels that it is nice to end Dual Credit classes earlier even though end-of-semester tests are stressful

“I still haven’t taken like one of the final exams. So that’s coming up and I’m slightly stressed about that but not too much,” Srinivasan said. “And then after that, like it’s two weeks before our winter break gets off but Collin College is done so I just don’t have to wake up early to go to my zero-hour dual credit.”