Love, Haley: see you next year!

Haley Ward
In this weekly blog, senior Haley Ward shares a little bit of everything: deep dives on her favorite topics, her fashion favorites, and how to make the most out of your high school years.

It is my last blog before the new year and I figured it’s the perfect time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the new year! This year has brought me so many new opportunities and I have been able to grow close to so many people. A few things I have learned this year:

Growth isn’t linear!

Sometimes it feels like certain days you get nothing done, or everything just seems too overwhelming. But growth is not linear and there will always be days or moments where you need a break. I have learned to not put too much pressure on myself to try to be perfect all of the time.

Put time into people that make you feel good

Look for the people that make you feel better after spending time with them, and put your time into those relationships. People that make you a better person are worth putting effort into!

Go outside of your comfort zone!

If you told me at the beginning of the year I would be Student Council President and 11 months into a job I would not have believed you! Both of those things have brought me the best opportunities and so many friends!

New years can be intimidating. Resolutions that feel impossible to keep up with, so just make some goals for yourself. This new year will bring a lot of change for me: my last semester of high school, graduation, starting college, and moving away, but I am really excited for it all!

Change is scary but it can also be really rewarding! Set some goals and just do not be too hard on yourself!

Happy holidays and see you next year!

As always,

Love, Haley