Rising Redhawks night on Wednesday for upcoming freshmen

Upcoming freshmen can prepare for the 2024-2025 school year with Rising Redhawks night from 6-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the auxiliary gym.

The event is designed for students to be able to explore various classes and programs on campus, and serves as a recruiting tool for teachers.

“I think it’s important because that way we can let the students know that there’s all kinds of classes out there, like, especially my classes,” CTE teacher Kristi Swinnea said. “A lot of times I’ll run into I’ll be talking with a senior or junior, and they’ve never taken any of my classes and they had no idea we had these.”

Dozens of tables will be set up with students and teachers on hand for parents and prospective students to talk to. 

Freshman Neta Even attended last year’s rising redhawks rally and found the experience to be beneficial.

I liked it because I got to know all my teachers better and it gave me an early look on how my school year would look,” Even said. “It  benefited  my year because I kind of already had an idea of what I wanted to do and it helped me choose my classes.”