• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Love, Haley: who will win The Bachelor?

Haley Ward
In this weekly blog, senior Haley Ward shares a little bit of everything: deep dives on her favorite topics, her fashion favorites, and how to make the most out of your high school years.

For the past weeks, the only thing I can think about on Mondays is the Bachelor episode that comes out each Monday night. The Bachelor is one of those shows that you have to give a chance. I have been watching for a while now, but the last really interesting season of the Bachelor was Peter’s season with Madi Prewett and Hannah Ann. Since then the show has been pretty dull, but this season has been so amazing.

Warning spoilers ahead if you aren’t up to date on the episodes!

The Bachelor starts off with many women and each week the Bachelor (this season it is Joey) sends women home when they don’t receive a rose during the rose ceremony. Once the season gets down to four girls, he visits their hometowns, and once there are three girls left, they go to fantasy suites. Currently there are two girls left, Daisy and Kelsey, and they will be going to Joey’s hometown next episode and we will figure out who wins.

Last week was the Women Tell All episode, and if you are new to Bachelor Nation, it is where all of the main women from the season get together and rewatch clips from the season and just give their final opinions on everything. This season’s episode was so good because there was so much drama in the house.

If you watched this season you definitely heard about Maria. Maria was one of the top four girls and was known for being confident and standing up for herself. So many people are hoping to see Maria as the Bachelorette and I think that would be a super interesting season! Maria would definitely give us a show. If you are not familiar, one of the top girls that did not get picked by Joey will become the next Bachelorette. 

My prediction for the Bachelorette is either Maria or Daisy. I would enjoy a season of Maria SO much, but I almost see her being someone like Tyler Cameron (from Hannah Brown’s season), Madi Prewett, or Hannah Ann, where they thrive so much outside of the show and marry someone that deserves them. They almost get more popular this way. But I still want her as the Bachelorette because it would keep me interested all season long. 

I love Daisy and I think she is so sweet. I do think Kelsey is going to end up winning, because her and Joey’s connection just seems so strong. I think Daisy would fit better with someone else. They are definitely a strong top two though.

The show keeps saying that this ending will be like an ending we have never seen before. I am a little confused by this because I cannot think of any ending that would be so crazy. Maybe Daisy rejects Joey before he can reject her?

Also just wanted to talk about Lexi (she left a few episodes back) because she is truly one of my favorite women from this season. Lexi was so sweet and SO unproblematic. I love how she understood that the show was not just Joey picking her but also her picking Joey. I also like that she respected Joey’s timeline and her own. They both have completely valid reasons for why their timeline is the way it is, and I was happy that she left to find something perfect for her!

Grab some popcorn and watch the finale this Monday!

Love, Haley