Golf hits the course for districts

Courtesy of @Redhawksgolf

Senior Ashley Zhang and the rest of the girls’ golf team takes the course on Friday at 8:00 a.m. to compete in the Argyle Girls Invitational.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The Redhawks golf team looks to hit the greens as they head to the District 10-5A golf tournament at the Twin Creeks Golf Club on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

“To prepare we’re just going to try as much as we can to work on our putting, work on chipping, kind of get used to the courses that we’re gonna play on,” head coach Shannon Glidwell said. “That’s really about it. Just kind of fine tune the rest.”

After a third place finish at the 2023 Prowl Preview last week, junior Ashley Zhang is aiming for improvement and to show her leadership qualities on the course.

“For districts I’m hoping to work on my mental game and prepare myself mentally to handle pressure better,” Zhang said. “Being the leader for my team is hard because I had seniors like Raleigh Davidson freshman year to guide me through what it’s like to be a good captain. For districts I’m going to work on being a great team leader, player and toughen my mental game so that I can take my team to regionals.”